Vision, Mission, Goals & Objectives
Vision of NFDN
NFDN envisages an empowered person with disability who is educated, socially secure, economically productive, politically aware, and happily living with full realization of human right and dignity in an inclusive and a barrier free society.
Mission of NFDN
NFDN will play an effective, gender sensible, leadership role to ensure that People With Disabilities have a decisive role in the development process in an organized way.
Long term goals of NFDN
To get a positive and fully sensitized state, needs based and inclusive program and activities, obligatory laws which will be reviewed when necessary, policies, rules, regulations and their effective implementation.
To increase capacity of all DPOs in management, leadership, advocacy and local resource mobilization within an active and effective network of NFDN to fight for the right and dignity of people with disability.
To get a cooperative society with positive attitudes towards People With Disabilities
The main objective of NFDN is to advocate and lobby with the relevant stakeholders on behalf of the Persons with Disabilities in Nepal and to strengthen the capacity of the member organization through capacity building training and workshop.
- To be instrumental to ensure that the persons with disability will get the services and facilities from the Government.
- Shift the disability movement from charity based to right based
- Introduce disability issues as a key agenda of development
- Increase the level of sensitization of all people, social workers, government authorities and get positive attitudes
- Increase the size of NFDN network all over the nation
- Strengthen the capacity of member organization of NFDN in management, advocacy leadership and local resource mobilization.
- To obtain the NFDN organizational objectives through the maximum power decentralization and regional mobilization.
- To increase the effectiveness and quality of NFDN programs and daily activities
- Develop NFDN as a resource centre about disability.
- Increase the participation and share experiences of PWDs at international level.